Monday 9 March 2009

Beautiful game, beautiful place

After getting back into Birmingham New Street the day after reporting on Scunthorpe - Walsall I had one thing on my mind - Paris! A name we are all so familiar with yet know so little about. I couldn't wait, especially as we were going to Disney Land (which is always good fun). The whole trip was an amazing experience from the 'rock n rollercoster' to 'peter pan'. The journey home was not so enjoyable, looking after Lauren who had quite clearly got a case of food poisoning after eating some seriously dodgy tuna. Both Lauren and Erin where puking their guts up and I along with Mike were given the task of getting them back to London and then Birmingham in one piece. The people around us were very helpful, offering help when appropriate whilst I ran up and down the isle with bags of sick and just genuine mong in both hands; emptying them down the toilet. I felt so sorry for both of the girls as me and Mike went to get something to eat haven not eaten since early afternoon in Paris. After a steady journey back to Birmingham a lift from Geraldine was a sight for sore eyes as we went back to the house for a sandwich and a cup of coffee. After downloading the photo's of Paris to my laptop I thought a visit to the grandparent's would be appropriate to give them presents and show them photo's of the trip. Finally getting home gone 7pm I get a phone call from Mike (dads best mate) who see's how I am. Checking up on e-mails, Dion clawing the shit out of things (preferably my leg) and crying every 2 minutes I soon get back into the swing of things and the routine of living in Birmingham. Another day tomorrow, which will consist mainly of me trying to find out which obscure location Beacon want to send me to this weekend.  

No comments:

Post a Comment